In this session we cover what’s happening in this program – the big picture view. The second part of the program focuses on you getting to know you better. This is critical as you begin to work on a vision of the business you have, or will create.
Video: Watch Here
This week’s assignment: Make a list of the 3-7 values that are most important to your business.
How I went about this –
1. Download and print these 4 keyword lists.
2. With someone who knows you well, ideally, pick out words that resonate with you. Your partner(s) can help offer some perspective – we don’t always see ourselves accurately. If you don’t have someone to work with that’s OK.
You’ll likely have 10-20 words, maybe more.
3. Boil your list down, moving closer to the goal of 3-7 words. Some of your words will have shared or similar meaning. Pick the word that says “it” better.
4. Use a dictionary to look up words and see if the definition really matches what you have in mind. This is important. It can change but this is your foundation.
I’ve found that different dictionaries can have vastly different definitions of the same word. Of course, most words have multiple definitions anyway.
You can also use a thesaurus if something feels close, but not quite.
5. Record the words. I posted mine here on the site, including words that add more clarity to what I mean. I also have written sentences to describe how those words play out in my business. This is something I will continue to refine – remember, this is a process.